Effective 10 May, 2020
VoluntYOU is a platform that brings volunteers, NGOs, and schools together, making the
volunteering process easy and accessible to all. When you use our services, you'll be required to share some
your personal information with us. We believe your data privacy matters - that's why we've written our privacy
policy free of the legal jargon that often fills these documents. Of course, if you still have questions
feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect
VoluntYOU only collects the information you enter into the application. If you are a volunteer, this
- First and last name
- Volunteering events attended
- Volunteering hours earned
- Skills and interests
- Email address
- School attended
If you are a CSO, this includes:
- Business phone number
- Business email
- Description of your organization and its goals
- Planned events
If you are an academic institution, this includes but is not limited to:
- School name
- School business email
How we use your information
We use the Firebase service from Google LLC. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) as a
backed storage service and to derive application analytics. We use that information to see how users
with our app.
Firebase is part of the Google Cloud Platform and offers numerous services for developers. A list can be
on this page. Some Firebase services process personal data.
This data does not represent personally identifiable information for us. This aggregated data is used to
and optimize our users experience.
Currently, we use the following Firebase services:
- Google Analytics for Firebase: Google Analytics provides analytics and attribution information. You can
more information via this link. and on
Google’s partner policy. Google Analytics retains ID-associated data for 60 days and retains aggregate
reporting and campaign data without automatic renewal unless the Firebase customer changes their retention
preference in their Analytics settings, Google uses not only the “Instance ID” described but also the
advertising ID of the end device. You can restrict the use of the advertising ID in the device settings of
your mobile device. For iOS: Settings > Privacy > Advertising > No ad tracking. VoluntYOU is an ad-free
platform so this advertising ID remains unsued when you subscribe to our services.
- Firebase Database: Firebase Database is a hosting and backend service provided by Google Inc: it stores
For information on how Google complies with international privacy law, please visit this link.
Who Can Use VoluntYOU
- You must be at least 13 years old or the minimum legal age in your country to use VoluntYOU. VoluntYOU
not knowingly accept a user who is not of minimum legal age but holds no liability in the instance that
- You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws or engaging in
payments related Services if you are on an applicable denied party listing.
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
- You must not be a convicted felon.
How You Can't Use VoluntYOU
- You can't impersonate others or provide inaccurate information.
- You can't do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You can't violate (or help or encourage others to violate) the terms laid out in this page.
- You can't do anything to interfere with or impair the intended operation of the Service.
- You can't attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized ways.
You can't attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username) or
collect, or use login credentials or badges of other users.
- This includes creating accounts or collecting information in an automated way without our express
- You can't post private or confidential information or do anything that violates someone else's rights,
including intellectual property.
- Our Service is provided "as is," and we can't guarantee it will be safe and secure or will work
all the time. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ALSO DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND
- We also don't control what people and others do or say, and we aren't responsible for their (or your)
actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or objectionable content).
- Our liability is limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our Service, we can't
what all the possible impacts might be. By using VoluntYOU you consent that we are not liable for any lost
profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or
incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we know they are possible. This
when we delete your content, information, or account.
If you are aware of any violation of the policies and terms laid out in this page.
use the Report button from within VoluntYOU or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for choosing VoluntYOU!